The role supports the analysis and interpretation of patterns and trends in complex data sets using statistical tools and creates reports and visual representations of data trends and patterns and undertakes compliance reviews of technical documents, reports and drawings and field verification initiatives to support the compliance assurance program.
- Supports forecasting, assessment, and prioritization of new procurement demand from across the organization and the process to identify and influence the current and future demand for, and level of service from, the organization’s asset base
- Closely collaborated with engineering leads for the development, implementation and administration of risk-based compliance audit and assurance programs and field verification initiatives in various types of Rapid Transit systems.
- Supports the development and assignment of numerical values to essential functions so that the performance can be assessed and compared over periods of time including formulating asset information requirements and structured classifications.
- As directed responsible for the extraction of data from primary and secondary sources for use in reporting and analytics to assess compliance status, monitor progress and the identification of issues and performance deficiencies.
- Responsible for the development of reports, dashboards visual representations and supporting materials to communicate trends, issues, and opportunities to management and a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and responds to inquiries and requests for information in a timely manner.
- Assists in the review and assessment of compliance with asset class engineering requirements, standards, and regulatory requirements by agency delivery divisions and as directed by agency retained and outsourced contracts in areas of design, construction, operations, and maintenance including reviews of technical documents, reports and drawings.
- Able to support the development, selection and communication of metrics and performance results of key performance indicators (KPIs).
Knowledgeable of database design development, data models, techniques for data mining, and segmentation.
- Knowledgeable of statistics and statistical packages like Excel, SPSS, SAS to be used for data set analyzing
- Knowledgeable in and able to deploy programming languages like SQL, Oracle, R, MATLAB, and Python or equivalent platforms.
- Able to support the use of data processing platforms like Hadoop and Apache Spark or equivalent platforms.
- Completion of a University Degree, or Diploma, in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science or Management, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Knowledgeable in Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) processes and principles for the analysis of operating and maintenance-based data.
- Able to support the development of system engineering performance and reliability metrics, and the development of KPI’s for the asset class or systemwide function for reliability, availability and performance requirements consistent with the organizational strategic plan, customer level of service and business objectives
- Technical knowledge of various Traction Power systems for railway will be an asset.
- Knowledge of data visualization software like Tableau, Qlik or equivalent platforms.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the Electrical Engineering or Electric Power system.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A