Website Alberta Health Services
As a Health Care Aide (HCA), you are responsible for providing personal assistance, supporting activities of daily living and providing comfort and support services to patients (clients, residents) who require short-term assistance or ongoing support. You will work closely with patients, families, and caregivers spanning the continuum of care in home, community or health care facilities. You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Active directory status on the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory.
- Must provide a confirmation letter as proof of enrolment from the Directory
- Nursing students currently enrolled in an approved Alberta nursing program who have successfully completed a minimum of 100 hours of practicum; and are either in their 1st year of practical nursing program; or 2nd year of baccalaureate nursing or psychiatric nursing program will be considered.
- Must attest to this compliance and provide proof of qualification.
- Completion of a recognized Health Care Aide Course (or equivalent) is required. Medical Terminology course is required.
- Current BCLS-HCP taken within the last 12 months is required- issued from Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (HSFC) only.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job. Duties that involve periods of physical activity such as standing, bending, walking and lifting.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A