As an Amazonian, you’ll enjoy interacting with talented engineers globally as you build out API Orchestration features for teams across EC2 and AWS. We follow a DevOps model and so our team is empowered to own the full development and support life-cycle of their systems. Our team operates like start-ups in that we own and drive a portfolio of services which includes everything from developing the long term vision for our API Orchestration product through to deciding on what technologies and development methodology or processes to adopt.
- Engineers in our team have a strong sense of ownership and drive to innovate and have resounding impact in how we develop and deliver software at such a large scale.
- This position involves on-call responsibilities. This is typically once every 6 weeks.
- We don’t like to be paged unnecessarily and we strive to keep this down and ensure our systems are fault tolerant.
- Our team values work-life balance and respect each other’s time.
- Our team is dedicated in supporting new team members with a welcoming inclusive approach.
- We are a team that strives to grow each other in our careers through mentoring and support. Our team invent, design and build software that is stable and performant.
- We write and support code that is easy to understand with solutions that are pragmatic.
- We try and assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a more well-rounded engineer that will enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- A successful Software Development Engineer will have good design skills, an excellent ability to solve problems, good communication skills and a desire to be a key technical contributor.
- The software you will be responsible for will require a breadth of technical development knowledge (i.e. distributed systems, synchronous API orchestration, scalability, availability).
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, such as Java, Ruby, Python, Kotlin
- Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Working knowledge of AWS products and technologies
- Good written and verbal communication are beneficial
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of industry experience in a software development environment
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent working experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A