In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge across the solutions architect community
- Ability to travel up to 30% as needed
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be “Cloud advocates”
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
- As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and Support
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
- Passion for building and leading diverse teams.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or 10+ year’s work experience in technical role in lieu of no Bachelor’s degree.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the Energy, Utility, Financial or Industrial industries
- Experience architecting and operating cloud-based solutions. AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise.
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
- Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Experience leading teams in technology, software sales or pre-sales consulting
- 5+ year’s management of technical, enterprise customer facing resources.
- 10+ years’ experience in software design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications.
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A