The Engineer is primarily responsible for designing and estimating distribution work, as well as providing expertise in processing Distributed Energy Resource applications and installations.
- Review/Complete designs and estimates for sub-transmission, distribution, and Distributed Energy Resource (DER) systems with emphasis on adherence to company standards, procedures, and policies, including designs for new business, replacements, maintenance, regulator stations, and metering installations. Provide technical assistance and direction to other personnel completing designs and estimates of distribution projects. Update and maintain documentation of completed field work.
- Provide technical expertise to customers on Ameren Illinois standards application for DER projects.
- Provide technical expertise to designers.
- Review construction plans from outside sources for potential conflicts and recommend actions to prevent or remove conflicts.
- Work collaboratively with operations supervision and other Company departments to ensure safe and reliable delivery to meet customer expectations and commitments. Effectively utilize and provide technical support relating to the use of the energy delivery business systems.
- Review the physical condition of sub- transmission and distribution systems and make engineering recommendations for the replacement of obsolete or inadequate facilities.
- Provide training/assistance to division engineers on DER projects.
- Assist customers in the DER application process, as needed.
- Provide support/input to ensure distribution planning studies are completed timely on DER projects.
Qualification & Experience:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university required. Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or ability to obtain one in Illinois preferred. Engineering experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Peoria, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A