The Community Relations Coordinator serves as Ameren Illinois’ primary point of contact for resolving community issues, building positive relationships with the public, and strengthening the company reputation.
There are 2 openings. The first opening is in the Central Region. The location will be any of the following AIC offices: Bloomington/Normal, Decatur or Springfield. The second opening is the Western Region located in the AIC office of Quincy.
- Work safely and in compliance with legal, regulatory and ethical standards.
- Educate community stakeholders about Ameren Illinois programs and initiatives (i.e., electric and natural gas safety, grid modernization, customer convenience tools, energy savings),
- Position Ameren Illinois as a leading Corporate Citizen by delivering key educational messages (i.e. safety, reliability, energy efficiency, etc.) to schools, municipalities, county officials and other civic organizations.
- Manage communications and outreach with key stakeholders during emergencies such as storm-related power outages, safety incidents, and service disruptions. Follow procedures outlined in the Ameren Illinois Storm Restoration Plan; including, but not limited to managing internal and external communications, maintaining critical infrastructure records, and supporting media executives when necessary. Provide ongoing information to public and municipal officials during outage, storm and emergency situations (some after-hours work required).
- Ability to manage key corporate related projects that engage co-workers, build goodwill with customers and strengthen community relationships.
- Advocate and build relationships with community leaders within defined divisions and service territories.
Qualification & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, preferably in Communications, Public Relations or Public Administration. Three or more years of community relations or related experience (e.g., community outreach, event planning, marketing, public affairs, business development) required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloomington, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A