The Contractor Services Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the vendor-based gas construction and inspection crews, the management of their work in accordance with applicable contracts and agreements, and resolution of customer complaints. Additionally, they are responsible to assure that vendor’s field supervision enforces all applicable Ameren policy, practices and safety rules, and resolves employee conflicts.
- Provide input to project planning and design.
- Manage, develop, and evaluate contractor crews engaged in the construction, maintenance and inspection of the gas distribution system.
- Provide clear expectations for their performance.
- Schedule, assign, and direct the work in a safe, efficient, and effective manner in accordance with the applicable contracts and agreements.
- Monitor and control project budget and schedules to insure that the proper resources are allocated so that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide budgetary cost tracking documentation and construction timeline schedules.
- Document project scope changes and provide project updates to the Divisions as required.
- Coordinate activities with customers, contractors, and other company departments.
- Consistently enforce safety rules and conduct Job Behavioral Observations with individuals and crews.
- Consistently enforce appropriate corporate policies with contractor crews as required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of division and function goals. Identify and implement improvements in division operations to control costs and improve productivity and quality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five or more years relevant experience in gas transmission, distribution, construction, and maintenance required with supervisory or team leadership experience preferred, OR five or more years relevant experience in a heavy industrial or military environment including a minimum of three years in a supervisor role required.
- May consider relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (e.g., Construction, Engineering, etc.) in lieu of up to one year experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Champaign, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A