Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a full time opportunity for Senior Application Analyst – Finance for our team based out of our offices in Stellarton, NS..
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the application(s) within the Product Team Portfolio. Maintain up-to-date expertise in the application(s) and mentor and lead the team(s) in translating product needs into enhancements and or fixes for the supported application.
- Provide specialized Level 2 & 3 application support. Identify the root cause of issues, and triage with the appropriate team. Prioritize the backlog and make necessary configuration or code changes. Source additional support from other teams to resolve underlying issues as needed. Maintain the system documentation; run books and required changes to user documentation as incidents are resolved.
- Lead each phase of the development life cycle: Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), design, build, testing, deployment and release. Design the applications to ensure both the business and architectural needs are met including adhering to standards, patterns, and reference models.
- Keep appropriate teams members and other teams updated on product backlog status, incidents, and projects, as appropriate. Serve as the liaison between vendors, users, and product team as needed.
- Observe and communicate potential application risks and improvements in support of effective issue prevention and risk mitigation
- Identify opportunities to automate processes, or otherwise innovate on business operations using application features.
- Monitor applications and their components across dimensions such as end-user experience, application interfaces, runtime code exceptions and performance. Recommend enhancements as needed.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives through advisory and consultative support. Proactively share new leading practices.
- Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset
- 5 years experience in application development and support and delivery
- Retail industry experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or business
- Experience with SAP will be preferred
- Knowledge of various areas of finance (accounts receivable, accounts payable, assets, General ledger, etc.) Professional certification CPA preferred
- ITIL Certifications (if applicable)
- Experience in working with outsourced service providers and vendor management
- Experience with cloud applications (Ariba, Concur, etc.)
- A deep technical knowledge of the Products / applications being support
- Experience in application development and support and delivery
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stellarton, NS, CA
Application Deadline: N/A