Website The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration. As manager and Supervisory Archivist, incumbent directs a work group of the National Declassification Center (NDC) and is responsible for the planning, directing, and coordination of programs related to the declassification review and processing of classified Federal, Presidential, and Legislative records for public release.
As a Supervisory Archivist, you will:
- Plan and direct a program for the identification, analysis, review, processing, release, and assessment of preservation needs for classified Federal and Presidential records.
- Recommend disposal of records, as appropriate, according to approved lists and schedules.
- Plan and implement review projects on distinct groups of records (record groups, series, subseries, or collections) or specific documents in response to FOIA requests for unreviewed security classified accessioned records.
- Provide technical assistance related to the review and declassification of records to other NARA offices.
- Maintain liaison with representatives of other Federal government agencies conducting declassification review of records at NARA to ensure appropriate archival handling of the records and compliance with NARA procedures and to provide technical and administrative support as needed.
- Direct the preparation and submission of appropriate documentation on all classified records and ensure compliance with all NARA standards for description and control of records.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form i-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing may be required
Company: The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A