This role is responsible for creating the assets required to effectively business partner, focussing on value creation and collectively strengthening our performance. The job holder will provide insight, analysis and commentary to stakeholders, aiming to drive decisions and actions that improve the bottom line. The job holder will partner with senior stakeholders when required, supporting across the Clothing team. The support will range from day to day trading decisions, to longer term Financial Planning & Analysis that supports the overall strategy of Clothing within Sainsbury’s.
- Interpret management reporting to provide insight, analysis and commentary to stakeholders and provide challenge to the business.
- Identify strategic and operational risks and opportunities and flag these to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Build strategic business cases and support post implementation reviews as required,
- Support and challenge the business to manage strategic projects and initiatives.
- Complete ad hoc / bespoke analysis for the business area as required to drive improvements.
- In line with timeline and process set by FP&A, work with business to manage Forecasting, LV, Centrals, Budgeting & Q2F.
- Supporting several ad hoc projects and various teams as required during busy times such as Budget, Corporate Plan etc.
- Run Finance Basics master classes with wider business and operational teams where required.
- Success in this role will mean being able to deliver timely, robust and accurate analysis; translating data into valuable business insight, communicating all relevant financial and non-financial information when needed
- Business partner the Clothing management team.
- Participate in trading meetings and discussions on a weekly basis, ensuring challenge and rigour over performance.
- Attend regular meetings ensuring Finance has a ‘voice’ and a ‘seat at the table’ where P&L impact meets department initiatives.
- Build an external perspective and use outputs to engage and influence the business.
- Professionally Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Strong commercial acumen with a focus on driving excellent financial and commercial performance
- Self-motivated team player, able to work autonomously, build and utilise a broader cross-functional network
- Ability to prioritise workload whilst managing business and finance stakeholder expectations in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Curiosity beyond traditional finance boundaries and ability to understand key business drivers
- Ability to effectively communicate and challenge senior stakeholders, including audiences of varying financial and commercial acumen to manage financial performance
- Proven ability and desire to deliver change
- Proven experience of analysing and interpreting data to identify opportunities and actively participate in the operational decision making process
- Effective presentational skills, both verbal and written with strong attention to detail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A