As the Head of HR Services you will lead a team responsible for the delivery of HR transactional services for Sainsbury’s through a blended outsourced and inhouse model. The role will work closely with our centralised Sainsbury’s Business Services team to manage the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider for outsourced services and have direct responsibility for the remaining inhouse services.
- Strong commercial mind-set, able to balance the demands of the business with the outsourced service delivery model
- Good understanding of the commercial mechanisms used in managing a BPO service
- Deep experience of a wide range of HR operational activities, with good knowledge of payroll cycles and its links to HR operations
- Strong HR generalist knowledge of policies, procedures, and employment legislation to ensure services provided are both compliant and have robust controls where needed
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders
- A proven leader, in a high-volume service operation, optimising in-house delivery and BPO services.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify trends, patterns and stories in data to extract appropriate interventions and resolutions to problems, and to be able to present these in a way that is clear and credible with stakeholders
- Excellent planning capability with a long-term outlook (over 12 months), taking into account strategic activity whilst maintaining flexibility to react to immediate needs and issues.
- Excellent judgement – using a combination of experience, technical expertise and ability to balance risk with commercial, legal or practical necessities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A