Working within the Argos Financial Services (AFS) Value & Pricing team to monitor all aspects of the AFS portfolio from Acquisition through to Customer management across both the Argos Card & Warranties product.
Responsible for the monitoring, evaluating and communicating of reporting across each product to provide the business key insights on the performance of the portfolio and overall profitability of each product.
Leveraging insight to work with other functional areas to identify cost reduction/income opportunities through optimisation initiatives to improve overall performance and profitability.
We are open to this role being based from any of our SBAFS (Sainsbury’s Bank & Argos Financial Services) UK locations as remote working is involved, however, when we return to our normal ways of working occasional travel to Milton Keynes will be required.
- Continually identify areas for business improvement and working with product owners and other areas of the business (such as the trading teams) to identify cost reduction/income opportunities to drive improvements in portfolio performance.
- Ensure the accuracy of reports through appropriate checking and validation
- Facilitate the development, production, evaluation and monitoring of all components of the AFS portfolio
- Provide the business key insight into the trends on the portfolio communicating results to the wider commercial team
- Initiate the development and maintenance of reporting using appropriate tools.
- Acts as a coach/mentor to team members.
- Assists in the upkeep of documentation in own specific area
- Facilitates effective communication within/between own team and other functions.
- Previous Commercial experience (preferably within a retail or credit card organisation)
- Financial services experience within an FCA or regulated environment preferably within a Storecard or Credit Card Environment
- Proven SQL experience
- High level of competence in PC packages, must be proficient in Excel
- Graduate degree in a numerate discipline (ideally mathematics or statistics)
- Previous experience of managing Profitability & Pricing models within a Credit Card or Storecard business is desirable
- Good communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with an ability to balance a large range of priorities
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A