Over the last 2 years we have seen huge growth and change in our digital channels for grocery home delivery and Click & Collect. The Digital Operations team played a key part in this growth and we continue to expand and innovate as we respond to the changing needs and demands of our customers.
- Identify, source or develop analytical tools to create a continuous improvement in planning processes and resource optimisation.
- Analyse and interpret complex data sources to support strategic planning decisions and incorporate the delivery of internal business projects into the labour plans.
- Responsible for the budget and planning the online delivery driver labour for our nationwide grocery delivery and click and collect operations.
- Lead and develop a team of Planning Analysts, producing optimal driver labour schedules to budget within the required timescales and prioritise key analytical work to support the operation.
- Build and maintain collaborative cross-functional working relationships across the business including Forecasting, Retail, Finance, Property and project teams to ensure the plans are fit for purpose operationally, are compliant with labour regulations and deliver the business sales, cost and customer service targets.
- A proactive approach to continual improvement of planning processes and systems.
- Role model the Sainsbury’s values and best practice in line management including a commitment to the development of individuals within the team.
- Ability to translate complex analysis and technical principles for non-technical audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience of working in an operational environment or online delivery business is desirable.
- Self motivated, flexible with the ability to adapt to the fast changing pace of an operational environment, using your own judgement to manage your workload and that of your team.
- Highly numerate with advanced analytical skills including Microsoft Excel plus programming experience in one or more of the following: R, SQL, Python, SAS (or similar product) and likely to have a background in mathematics, engineering, computer science or operational research.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A