As Assistant Merchandiser, you’ll be responsible for supporting the team in the delivery of customer focussed product ranges to successfully achieve sales, profit, margin and stock targets through the Merchandising of a range or product category.
- Review weekly trading performance to identify any issues and opportunities, and prepare relevant analysis as required
- Own and manage category/range & SKU level forecasts to ensure sales, stock holding, margin and availability is optimised.
- Ensure that the booking process is executed seamlessly and manage any exceptions – all channels
- Communicate promotional volumes
- Ensure the stock arrives into the business in a timely fashion so that opportunities are maximised
- Work with the A&R replenishment assistant to plan initial allocations & launch builds & ensure that stock & availability targets are met.
- Ensure team activity is legal and compliant
- Responsible for order management in line with agreed parameters.
- Demonstrate high levels of process compliance and data integrity
- Manage new lines into the business and vendor specific promotions
- Ensure all promotional uplifts are calculated and added to the relevant forecasting systems and reports
- Assist Merchandiser/ Senior Merchandiser to ensure on-time delivery through supporting the achievement of merchandising milestones within the critical path, ensuring any issues are resolved or raised where appropriate.
- Oversee timely delivery of stock into the warehouse, to maximise availability in line with agreed KPI’s and timelines for all channels
- Understanding and use of merchandising systems in the management of intake and the stock position
- Liaise with supplier to ensure that required stock is available and manage any gaps in supply by exception
- Previous experience in an Assistant Merchandiser or Merchandise Admin position or a graduate in a relevant field
- Understanding of allocation & stock management
- A self-starter with a desire to develop
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Take accountability to ensure that own and team targets are met.
- Positive and proactive approach to building relationships with stakeholders
- Confidence to learn new systems
- Demonstrable experience of forecasting and updating a WSSI
- Strong analytical & numerical skills
- Strong excel knowledge
- Excellent admin and organisational ability
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Avebury, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A