As part of an in-house Internal Audit team, deliver to time and quality a portfolio of internal audits across Sainsbury’s Group as per the Audit plan. Own relationships with senior business stakeholders at SM and C6 level to support them real time in identifying and managing risks and assurance requirements. Support the continuous improvement activities and share external best practise and innovative thinking into our Internal Audit processes and methodologies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with auditees. This will involve supporting the stakeholder owners across Sainsbury’s and Argos, for example updating the Auditable Divisional Risk Profile, developing audit proposals and risk maps.
- Driving a continual risk focus in the business through supporting the Senior Risk and Audit Manager in facilitating risk workshops and meetings to help management identify, assess and manage key business risks.
- Develop recommendations and actions that balance both commercial considerations and the assurance requirements of the business.
- Use tools available to pull data to inform audits and provide assurance and advice.
- Provide real-time support, challenge and actionable insight to management when developing and implementing new processes including delivering business change projects.
- Support the Senior Risk and Audit Manager in developing an ongoing risk-based audit plan.
- Manage workload to lead and deliver multiple audits in a number of divisions to meet time, cost and quality targets across all Sainsbury’s sites.
- Act with a good level of judgement during audit and advisory work.
- Contribute to team success through delivering continuous improvement initiatives in the team.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Proven experience in developing strong stakeholder relationships at different seniority levels.
- Demonstrable experience or understanding of risk, control and internal audit practices.
- A track record of delivering internal audits for an in-house audit team and / or through a professional services firm.
- Good understanding of technology, systems and data flows and how these relate to business operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable ability to apply sound judgement.
- Strong time management and project management skills to ensure work is delivered on time, to budget and to the expected quality.
- An understanding of the Internal Audit industry.
- Self-starter who requires little or no day-to-day support.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A