As the Digital Design & Implementation Lead you will be working collaboratively as part of the Digital Design and Implementation team across all Sainsburys GM&C (General Merchandising & Clothing) digital platforms including Argos, Habitat and Tu Clothing, to ensure content is executed according to brief, brand guidelines and CMS (Content Management System) best practise. You will be responsible for translating concepts and creative briefs to deliver inspiring content. Using data and CX/Brand guidelines you will champion design principles and on-brand assets optimised for digital channels including desktop, mobile, digital marketing acquisition channels & any other emerging business digital initiative.
- You will work collaboratively with teams and leads in the Digital Operating Centre in Mumbai and advise on best practice to improve ways of working and increase team knowledge, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for managing the process of the promotional and BAU site refreshes, ensuring your teams are meeting the agreed deadlines and quality standards required as well as providing effective communication between key stakeholders.
- Establish strong and robust ways of working with stakeholders outside of Digital where necessary e.g. Retail, Contact Centre, Brand Marketing, Marketing Promotions, Financial Services to understand resource and technical requirements and maintaining a digital brand identity and execution for campaigns and propositions across all digital channels.
- To govern campaign decks showing digital execution of new event campaigns across digital channels and assist with stress testing campaign creatives for Digital and ensuring briefs are created with commercial priorities in mind.
- Support your Digital Design and Implementation team members in the DOC and the wider Design community within the business.
- You will work closely with the Digital Trading, Planning & Content teams to ensure the commercial targets for GM&C eCommerce are achieved. Continuously considering best practice and improvement opportunities.
- Support the Digital Design & Implementation Manager in establishing strong ways of working and processes within the Digital Operating Centre to deliver against agreed targets and metrics.
- Delivering the highest quality digital outputs to create a seamless online experiences for your categories, you will ensure that all work undertaken by the team is executed to the highest standards and delivers an engaging shopping experience on every stage of customer journey.
- Investigate and support the use of new technologies when designing and implementing content across GM&C multi-channel and digital platforms. Giving specialist creative, CMS and coding support and advice on development projects.
- You have experience of collaborative working across various content & design disciplines including UX, Product Managers and Technical Teams
- You have experience of utilising UX research and web analytics to understand trends and patterns and adjust plans accordingly.
- Your high-quality actions, based on data & insight, underpins you and your team’s success. It is desirable that you have experience using data analytics, customer behaviour and site performance tools such as Adobe analytics, SessionCam, Content Square, Screaming Frog, Eggplant etc. and will guide your team in the effective use of these insight tools.
- You will have the ability to communicate insights and recommendations consistently and effectively with stakeholders.
- You will lead the delivery and presentation of relevant project deliverables as required such as creative briefs, campaign decks, concepts, digital assets, style guides, pattern libraries, CSS etc.
- You have experience and knowledge of various colleague tools required for design and implementation, including but not limited to the following; Adobe Creative Suite, Front End code skills (HTML, CSS), experience and knowledge of a CMS i.e. Magnolia.
- You can easily participate in technical discussions around website design & implementation tools (e.g. test environments, CMS, Elastic search) and to be actively driving development initiatives and opportunities.
- You have experience in maintaining brand integrity and branding principles in digital environment.
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You have significant experience of working effectively within a fast moving, broad range, Digital retail environment.
- You have excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- You will establish strong ways of working, processes and communication with the Digital QA teams, Digital Trading and Content teams to ensure digital design & implementation requirements are agreed and delivered (e.g. BAU Assets, New Static Pages, and Supplier Shops etc.).
- Flexibility as required to work outside of standard hours at key moments throughout the year including Black Friday, new range launch, and other key promotional moments.
- You are numerate and comfortable using data to measure customer engagement, process performance & make recommendations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milton Keynes, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A