This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly enthusiastic, experienced and driven Automation Test Manager to make a real impact in defining Asda’s Technology Strategy and continuing to build out the automation framework within this business. With full accountability for Automation you will be looked upon as an expert in this field, someone who will help identify, select and develop appropriate automation tools and frameworks we use moving forward, applying the latest techniques and evaluating the latest technologies. As well as being a member of the Quality Assurance Management Team, you will also be working closely with many stakeholders including; Application Tower Leads, Project Managers and various members of the Walmart Technology team, including but not limited to those based in the United States of America.
- Retail experience.
- Strong leadership/management skills.
- Shaping the direction of the Automation testing team.
- Building and maintaining automation frameworks.
- Proactively lead the day-to-day operations of Automation activities.
- Presenting and producing metrics/reports for senior management (director level and above).
- Work with the Asda development teams to grow and mature the CI/CD ways of working to enable ADM to embrace DevOps/Agile Ways of Working.
- Resource planning.
- Experience managing Automation Testing teams.
- Strong background in Automation testing.
- Educating and Training the QA team including ASDA and partner colleagues.
- Liaising with key stakeholders. The successful candidate will have;
- Create Innovative Automation approaches and solutions small and large scale projects.
- Identify and Implement Automation opportunities and candidates across all QA disciplines, such as; Functional Testing, Non-Functional Testing, Environment provisioning and Test Data creation.
- Develop ways of working and initiatives that are suitable for both Agile and Waterfall projects.
- Analysing tools and implementing the latest technologies into the business.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management.
- Ability to lead a small team of testers.
- (Desirable) Experience with licensed Automation tools such as EggPlant & SAP Tosca
- Experience working with QA service providers, both onshore and offshore.
- Ability to implement the use of Robotics and other hardware within test automation.
- Knowledge and experience of open source technologies, in particular Selenium + Java with a BDD framework (Cucumber/Gherkin).
- Experience in implementing and managing automation testing across several platforms; web, mobile, web services & ETL testing.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A