Website Asda Stores
As a Transport Operations Manager, you’ll play a crucial role in our distribution centre, leading the team to provide an outstanding service to our stores. You’ll be a champion of the unique Asda culture and a role model of the values throughout the depot and be responsible for inspiring and developing your team to ensure that the right products arrive at the right store at the right time. You’ll also keep up to date with legislation around driving regulations and ensure any updates are communicated to your team of managers.
- Leading a depot operational plan to ensure that the implementation of the business plan is smooth, within budget and meets the business objectives
- Understanding the depot and transport plan, enabling you to lead a team of managers to outperform against the plan, dealing with performance issues swiftly and accurately
- To lead and build a plan to deliver continuous improvement, through engaging colleagues
- Running the depot in the General Managers absence working closely with the Leadership team in the depot to execute the site plan
- Management accountability for the Shift Managers, including recruitment, training, performance management, disciplinary and grievance, H&S investigations, recognition and reward for them and their teams
- Delivery of all commercial targets on the depot balance scorecard
- Succession planning and talent management
- Review processes and drive continuous improvement
As an Operations Manager, experience working in a similar distribution operation with a proven track record of delivering results against KRA’s is essential. You’ll be able to work in a fast paced environment and be adaptable to change whilst being passionate about doing the right thing for our customer’s by driving quality and adhering to process.
You’ll be naturally friendly and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results. You’ll have an enthusiastic approach and be a strong coach, mentor, motivator and role model to the managers and colleagues around you, driving performance and working cross-functionally, communicating effectively across all levels.
Company: Asda Stores
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Perth, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A