This role sits in our Decision Science and Analytics team, and will involve close collaboration with internal stakeholders in our media planning team and our external media buying agencies.
You will help ASDA to deliver a best-in-class MMM capability providing fast, relevant and actionable insights to the business resulting in demonstrable increases in marketing ROI.
- Hands on delivery of MMM solutions to optimise our media spend. Using software to applying data modelling and statistical techniques using data sets from multiple sources – including store sales, online sales, availability, weather, ATL and BTL media, paid search and social (amongst others).
- Work with internal stakeholders and external agencies to understand business problems, industry context, data sources, potential risks, and constraints.
- Work with internal technology and data engineering teams to ensure frequent, accurate automation of existing key data feeds – and be proactive in seeking any new data feeds that would improve model accuracy.
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets.
- Be proactive and naturally curious – always looking to build and develop further capabilities within MMM. Keep on top of wider developments within the MMM space and show thought leadership in further potential applications of the model outputs.
- Support internal stakeholders in ensuring work is delivered on time and any blockers are appropriately escalated. Contribute to results decks where needed.
- Ensure accuracy and validity of your models; own and develop MMM model roadmaps aligned to stakeholder requirements.
- Be a trusted analytical partner to both internal and external stakeholders – fully addressing any queries around model methodology and outputs – to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent data handling skills – MUST be comfortable manipulating and querying structured data (SQL / Python)
- Commercially aware, with good knowledge of the UK retail environment
- Degree educated in a relevant STEM discipline, with an applied understanding of basic statistics (understanding of time series / forecasting techniques advantageous)
- 5 years+ experience of building, or supporting the building and testing of econometric models to support optimisation of media spend
- Comfortable with cloud-based platforms
- Broad knowledge of the advertising industry (ATL and BTL) and associated data, metrics and terminology
- Good interpersonal skills and stakeholder management Proven ability to visualize data for influencing
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A