Website J. C. Penney
JCPenney, one of the nation’s largest apparel and home retailers, combines an expansive footprint of nearly 870 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcp.com, to deliver style and value for all hard-working American families. At every touchpoint, customers will discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 98,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort. We’re looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.The Assistant Buyer will be supporting in the daily purchasing of items for a specific division’s sub-category (e.g. men’s suits). Reporting directly to the division’s Buyer and working alongside other Assistant Buyers, the Assistant Buyer will ensure accuracy in the ordering process while facilitating communication between vendors and the corresponding buyers.
- Maintains detailed assortment plan for assigned styles and practices exception based management, identifying issues and recommending solutions to the buyer
- Assists Buyers and other stakeholders in developing assortments and quantifying buys, meeting timing needs with regards to merchandising delivery (moved up from below)
- Reviews inventory buys, positions or issues with partners in Planning & Allocation. Make sure all store buys are congruent and set up for ecommerce. Order samples for ecommerce product shots.
- Communicates product attributes for systems set up, negotiates pricing/cost; ensures the product is available to stakeholders in all utilized systems.
- Monitors competitor merchandising and shares findings with stakeholders
- Maintain continuous communication with Merchandise Assistants
- Attend all product/vendor meetings
- Assists Buyer in the execution of all related merchandising activities including creating and placing merchandise orders, monitoring and tracking on order details, and communicates any order revisions to suppliers.
- Create strategies for life of item from purchase to markdown. Reviews sales performance and makes recommendations to adjust in season or future plans.
- Act as liaison for entire Merchandise Action Team relative to marketing, pricing, signing, and store environment
- Ability to recognize, analyze and quantify market trends
- Results oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines
Qualification & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent business experience
- 2-3 years of retail buying experience; preferably with a large organization in a similar role
- Proficient in MS word and Excel
Company: J. C. Penney
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plano, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A