We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as an Employment Relations Advisor and you’ll be a big part of this.
- The role of an Employment Relations Advisor is to provide professional, consistent advice, support and coaching on all employment relations issues to managers in our store support office and throughout our stores. Ensuring a fair and consistent approach is applied in relations to company policies and procedures minimising potential commercial risks.
- Responsibilities include providing effective day to day administration, accurate written communication and respond to all employment relations telephone, email and face to face queries in line with our agreed SLAs. You will develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders, ensuring they understand the policies, process and options / advice given. You will inspire confidence and encourage the decision maker to make informed decisions.
- You will adopt a balanced commercial approach in the application of employment law principles and proactively contribute to the team, working collaboratively, sharing knowledge, giving feedback and ensuring an effective working relationship. You will keep up to date with relevant internal and external information, for example, legislation changes, and case manage complex cases, considering all components and formulate a strategy for a satisfactory resolution.
- You will use MI and anecdotal information to identify trends and recommend appropriate action to improve performance and drive continuous improvements and provide face to face note-taking support to managers in SSO or occasionally retail.
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Previous Employment Relations or HR experience and CIPD qualification
- Proven ability to contribute and work as part of a team
- Strong influencing and coaching skills, including questioning techniques
- Attention to detail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Southampton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A