We’d like you to shape the medium to long term future plan for our Retail and Home Delivery Logistics networks, coordinating the change agenda and delivering projects. You’ll create and evolve plans designed to support the future needs of the business encompassing the people and sustainability agendas, together with infrastructure. You will be responsible for the delivery and governance of Logistics projects, ensuring they remain on track, align to the B&Q 3-year plan and continuously drive a better customer experience. Reporting into our Director of Logistics, this role will have 2 direct reports, with a total team of 5.
- You will lead the PMO for the Logistics team, managing the execution of projects supported by the Logistics project managers. Understand the interaction between those projects and projects being delivered by the Operation.
- You will maintain a knowledge of sector best practice, people management, technology and sustainability advances to add to the strategy conversation.
- You will maintain the strategic framework, refreshing when necessary to review direction in light of changing context (customer needs, format evolution, financial constraints, stock flow principles etc)
- You will lead the logistics strategy development, working with operational, 3PL and group teams, as well as other B&Q stakeholders
- You will prepare and present strategic direction, business cases and options for discussion, to multiple stakeholders including the Board.
- You will lead and inspire the Network Development & Strategy team to always strive for excellence, developing a high-performance culture that provides high potential talent for our future roles across the Logistics function, and enables sustainable knowledge transfer.
- You will implement and oversee a robust PMO governance structure, adhering to best practice; managing and escalating risks, issues and decisions as appropriate.
- You will use B&Q and 3PL resources, evaluate options at high, medium and detailed level as appropriate to present recommended solutions.
- Strong vendor management experience, managing a variety of contractors on an open and closed book basis.
- Strong customer orientation and listening abilities, with great planning and organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills capable of influencing senior stakeholders, and at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to ‘horizon scan’ for the next project/s and lead them to successful implementation.
- Results driven, possess business acumen and commercial astuteness and understands the retail commercial levers to pull.
- Ability to structure, create and navigate a network strategic plan.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to lead operational teams and 3PLs, and translate B&Q and Kingfisher strategy into tangible and achievable plans that engage and motivate teams to deliver at pace.
- Capable of moving between strategic, operational and tactical levels.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in customer fulfilment and retail replenishment
- Experience in a 7-day Logistics Operation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brentford, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A