As a Barclays Data Governance Lead, you will be a member of the BUK Data Management Function, who are accountable for driving the data agenda across BUK, enabling us to achieve a ‘satisfactory’ data maturity control rating across the data standards; Data Governance, Metadata Management, Data Quality Management, Data Lineage, Reference & Master Data Management and Data Architecture. You will have an opportunity to actively shape and mature our Data Management Standards across BUK.
- Working collaboratively with other business unit Data Management SMEs to share knowledge, solutions and manage risk effectively
- Managing the establishment of a robust Data Governance Framework aligned to the Group Data Management Policy and Standards and Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Ensuring the production and reporting of timely, accurate, and audit-ready documentation relating to change management and maintenance processes
- Supporting new ways of working within own team and wider community, ensuring new ways of working and cultural changes are embedded
- Providing effective Data Management oversight expertise and become a subject matter expert for BUK champions
- Providing clear direction and focus to business role holders and demonstrate role model behaviours in relation to barclays values and purpose
- Ensuring adherence to Group Data Management Standards is met at all times by co-ordinating delivery of operating models, designs, procedures
- Evaluating options and ensure processes are fit for purpose and clearly described for the BUK audience to meet and measure Data Management Policy and standards requirements
- Ability to apply operational understanding to the development of control processes, interrogation of management information and identification of required intervention
- Basic knowledge of data regulations e.g. Basel, BCBS 239, GDPR etc.
- Proven ability to take the initiative and take a leading role to deliver outstanding results
- Good understanding or experience in data related capabilities; Data Architecture, Data Analytics, Quality Assurance and Control Testing.
- Basic SQL proficiency and excellent MS office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Proven track record of achieving targets, goals and objectives Display a continuous improvement approach to all responsibilities by constantly challenging the status quo
- Excellent communication skills with a strong attention to detail and proven problem solving skills
- A sound understanding of the principles and application of risk management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A