This role will work closely with Barclays application development, platform development, and Security/Controls functions. You will help define the future of compute services at Barclays across multiple hosting environments ranging from on-prem to public cloud. The role will work with other Application Architecture colleagues to ensure that the compute strategies are fully integrated with the other application hosting strategies. The role will consider how compute capabilities are best presented to applications across the hosting environments while carefully balancing consistency versus the unique capabilities available in each environment
- Ensure the end-to-end technical integrity and quality of solutions and product releases.
- Drive the modernization of Barclays’ technology approach. For example: adoptions and contribution to open source, adoption of modern development methodology and architectures.
- Act as a technical design authority across engineering and development teams
- Assist in Building & managing multiyear product roadmaps aligning them to overall strategy for Application Platforms.
- Work within programs to successfully deliver product change and program objectives
- Consider the operational aspect of strategies and architecture – collaborate with operational colleagues in ensuring that new architectures are easy to adopt and migrate to.
- Collaborate with Technical Architects within and outside to drive their strategy and understand how their strategy should influence to ensure compatibility.
- 4+ years’ of exceptional architectural knowledge of Compute related technologies
- 4+ years’ of good knowledge of application platforms.
- 4+ years’ experience in architecting private and public cloud platforms and container technologies for large Global Enterprises, including
- Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, (OpenStack is a plus), Kubernetes or Docker
- 5+ years’ experience across Virtualization technologies and products such as VMware
- 4+ years of experience in collaborating with CISO/CSO/CCO functions to assess changing technology architectures, and working towards pragmatic new ways to maintain controls compliance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to rapidly understand new technology and determine how to fit it into an existing environment to maximize value
- Knowledge of cloud services and key vendor PaaS solutions in the Application Hosting space
- 4 years of experience of large-scale Compute deployments spanning multiple applications, global locations, and varied technologies.
- Familiar with working in an Agile environment and able to deal with ambiguity and change
- Ability to understand technical challenges and define resolutions working in collaboration with technical and non-technical colleagues
- 4 years of experience in architecting systems that will operate at scale both in terms of processing volumes and number of instances deployed.
- 4 years of experience in designing internet facing application architectures including both the application and infrastructure elements
- 4 years of experience in migration programs that have crossed architectural and/or technological boundaries.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A