The Business Advisor, High Impact Firms, BDC Advisory Services, supports the Executive Advisor before, during and after meetings with prospective and active clients. He or she interacts directly with the client at different phases of the engagement process to assess their current situation, aspirations and growth options and is responsible for the workstream of the project as well as for the structure of the analysis.
- Perform the relevant financial analysis and offer interpretation of results.
- In collaboration with the Executive Advisor, ensure proper planning of client engagement milestones.
- Respond to the needs of the client and the client-facing team regarding requirements for the relevant market and competitive research through collaboration with the Research and Information Centre (RIC).
- Collaborate with partners from different BDC business units and levels; help moderate and facilitate working sessions.
- Contribute to the formulation of conclusions and key recommendations, from complex and detailed information; produce summaries that can be translated into concrete measures.
- Partner with other BDC team members supporting the account and the client as required for additional phases and perform complex financial modelling.
- Validate the implementation of projects and control measures by preparing progress reports; maintain and update the CLICS database as well as the IRIS project plan.
- Gather information working directly with clients during the various phases of the engagement process in order to accurately assess their current situation, aspirations and growth alternatives.
- Actively participate in the planning and preparation of meetings, workshops and interview campaigns.
- Lead the design and preparation of presentations and relevant reports, in collaboration with the Executive Advisor.
- Engage in ongoing communications with the solutions development team, providing them with feedback about experiences using the tools in the field.
- Support standard and complex client engagements, and interact with the client on a day-to-day basis, acting as program manager.
- Experience in a large management consulting firm and/or in the financial sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with an ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders, both internal and external
- Ability to work with a team and under pressure to meet tight and often conflicting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative undergraduate degree, preferably in commerce, economics, engineering, or equivalent; a graduate diploma is an asset.
- Capacity to gather and synthesize information, thus designing and structuring complex documents
- Strong ability to interpret information, identify important and critical issues, synthesize and articulate findings
- Varied experience in different types of industries showing some depth of business sense.
- Five years of relevant experience in financial modelling, consulting, market research or strategy development
- Experience in project management
- Financial modelling skills to help describe the implications of prospective operating scenarios
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, CA
Application Deadline: N/A