The Sales Team Manager reports to the Assistant Store Manager- Selling or Store Manager and ensures and drives efficient execution of the selling function within their store. The Sales Team Manager position is an exempt position that requires leadership and use of discretion to drive success of assigned departments.
- Meet or exceed area sales goals through the training, coaching and managing of sales associate staff. Ensure that sales associates understand the store’s selling expectations.
- Drive the total Customer Experience through in store and Omni, through team performance
- Provide training and coaching to sales associate, to ensure associates exhibit the key service behaviors needed in delivering relentless customer care.
- Motivate and coach sales associates to meet or exceed credit goals. Improve team performance by identifying the need for corrective action. Determine necessary corrective and execute.
- Ensure shrinkage control in their area through the continual training and management of associates.
- Ensure team is executing successful clientelling efforts. Train and coach associates on the features and benefits that clientelling can produce.
- Drive National Sales Events by assuring attainment of sales team goals. Ensure that sales associates clearly understand the importance of pre-sale events, as well as grass root events.
- Establish and attain a daily recovery plan is in place.
- Ensure team is maintaining dressing rooms to the audit and AP standards.
- Collaborate with the visual team to ensure that sales associate standards training takes place on a regular basis, and that new-hires participate in this training once they come on the sales floor.
- Collaborate with the Merchandising Team Manager, ASM-Merchandise and visual associates, where appropriate, to support overall merchandise presentation of the store.
- Maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
- Ensure that status checks are completed on a bi-monthly basis. Utilize the status check as a way to monitor total sales associate performance and provide feedback of sales performance and observed behaviors. Address poor performers and coach them to achieve expectations.
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to push / pull receiving equipment weighing up to 500 lbs such as rolling flats, z-racks and pallet jacks.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to twist, bend and stoop to retrieve items from floor, shelves, racks, and hooks and place items on floor, shelves, racks and hooks
- Ability to work at a safe and steady pace.
Qualification & Experience:
- Leadership Experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in retail management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A