The Human Resource Lead position is responsible for leading the execution of the human resources, scheduling and cash office functions. Responsibilities include associate recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, benefits, employee relations, training, performance, policy communication, and scheduling. The Human Resource Lead is a non-exempt role reporting to the Human Resource Manager or Store Manager.
- Work with store executives to ensures a timely schedule is provided to associates (3 weeks in advance)
- Ensure benefit administration and communication occurs in a timely manner
- Prepare, process and meet weekly payroll deadlines. Ensure payroll is accurate
- Ensure that Associate on-boarding is executed proficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures I-9/E-Verify and background check compliance
- Partner with store executives to create a store schedule the meets store budget, base staffing, and weekend percent guidelines through minimal edits
- Train all new associates and managers on the scheduling process and system navigation
- Partners with the Store Manager to ensure all requests for time off and availability changes in the system have been addressed
- Lead the performance appraisal process and maintains personnel files
- Lead the Office-Deposit function that includes all aspects of monetary maintenance in the store including processing the deposit, maintaining store petty cash funds (registers and vault), and performing the sales audit function
- Assists with employee relations by witnessing associate coaching and counseling; submit termination requests as directed by executives and administer exit interviews
- Submit Workday changes and ensures data accuracy
- Ability to work at a safe and steady pace
- Ability to lift files, open file cabinets, bend, stoop, reach, and stand as necessary
- Must be able to maintain Confidentiality
- Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- 2-3 years of experience in retail and/or HR
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greenville, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A