This position is a part of the General Partner Accounting – Alternative Products team within the Controllers Group and is primarily responsible for assisting in the accounting, administration and reporting of alternative product carried interest revenue sharing programs for BlackRock’s investment managers. The group prepares the accounting records for 140+ GP carry plans, processes participant capital distributions, provides capital statement reporting and prepares all carried interest-related corporate accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate and timely plan data by General Partner entity, plan and participant. Establish open communication lines with appropriate partners, especially in Human Resources.
- Produce and distribute periodic participant capital statements and payments to plan participants.
- Establish regular communications with the Revenue Accounting and Compensation Accounting teams regarding recognition of carried interest revenue and expense.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Communicate with management of various levels throughout the organization to obtain a complete understanding of carry plans from inception through dissolution and document details of such plans.
- Produce periodic (quarterly/annual) management reports on the Company’s General Partner entities and related carried interest allocations to participants.
- Maintain GAAP and tax balances for reporting in the Oracle General Ledger and for reporting to plan participants.
- Partner directly with a multi-functional and multi-national team that includes Portfolio Management teams, Human Resources, Tax, Legal,
- Revenue and Compensation Accounting and third-party fund administrators, to administer the Company’s carried interest plans.
- Establish and reconcile operating and reserve bank accounts.
- Prepare payment requests for General Partner capital calls, tax payments and other invoices.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and reporting requests
- A track record of delivering quality results in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Attentive to detail while meeting critical deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing landscape with competing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a desire to keep global communication lines open.
- Drive to help the team continuously improve through technology solutions and innovation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Accounting degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CPA license or CPA track
- Experience in the preparation of internal management reports, tax reporting and/or financial statements
- 1-2 years of public accounting experience (preferably in the “Big 4”) or accounting/tax experience in a multi-national company
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A