The insights from this role are a key input in defining what EMEA iSW will be focusing on to optimise sales and product development. The role plays an important part in the positioning of the investment platforms and products by articulating competitive advantages versus peers to ensure consistent sales narrative. Product messaging is created through quantitative proof points and pricing analysis to position our range in the context of client portfolios. Competitor analysis and bespoke peer group tracking by asset class and sector is undertaken to assess our relative performance and flow dynamics.
- Manage the process to ensure our focus funds are awarded ratings by identify which fund research firm is the most suitable for each fund
- Updating and leveraging the output of Morningstar FoF data in order to create competitor opportunities
- Working individually or with investment teams to assist fund research analysts with their requests for rating agency meetings.
- Maintaining and enhancing the team daily reports, such as competitor performance and flow dashboards
- Partnering with different parts of the organization to assess BlackRock competitiveness on different aspects (e.g. pricing)
- Working closely with sales in EMEA to enhance our partnerships with fund research groups, working towards obtaining new ratings and ensuring coordination in our interaction with these firms
- Driving the insights and the analytical process with regards to updating the list of Focus, Tactical & Defence funds for the client business
- Ownership of the data & analytics in the Wealth Product Group team, leveraging MorningStar Direct and other internal analytics tools
- Working with sales teams to ensure our rated funds feature on model portfolios.
- Working with the Sales and Investment teams to create bespoke competitor analysis order to maximize client engagements across EMEA.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to deliver pertinent facts in a concise fashion
- Strong knowledge of investment databases, including Morningstar and Bloomberg, knowledge of Aladdin would also be a plus
- Understanding of performance attribution, market factors and drivers of returns across mutual funds and asset classes
- Analytical approach to data insights and strong capital market knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to execute across teams and drive projects with input and feedback from key stakeholders
- Proven financial services experience, preferably with a focus on mutual fund strategies
- Preference for multi-lingual candidate (e.g. German, French, Spanish or Italian as second language)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A