Conducts audit engagements to critically assess management and internal control processes, approving the nature, extent and timing of the audit, its execution and the formulation of insightful audit reports. Reports on audits to provide clear, concise and memorable insights on issues and potential issues to assist management in fulfilling mandates. This work provides vital assurance to the Board of Directors and senior management on the quality of internal control systems and reduces the risk of loss and reputational damage to the Company. This work is instrumental in identifying unacceptable/high risk circumstances that could lead to material impact on profitability or reputation. Provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of internal control, risk management, and governance systems and processes to support senior management and the Board in protecting BMO and its reputation.
- Provides critical input to Chief Auditor/Assistant Chief Auditor on the practical aspects of the audit and its execution.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Executes audits in full recognition of the risks of the group that encompass the inherent risks, control risks and internal/external environment and regulatory risks. This may encompass individual audits and broader capstone audits of Enterprise level functions/processes.
- Develops an awareness of business strategies, policies and standards providing meaningful insights based upon knowledge and research which will continue to improve the Enterprise management and control processes.
- Helps to develop annual audit plan.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Conducts advisory engagements and other engagements as required.
- Provides input into Corporate Audit processes identifying opportunities to simplify.
- Determines impact of changing strategies, tactics, risks and initiatives on audit, advisory and investigative services.
- Identifies and evaluates the impact of new and emerging technology and technology risk on the organization’s processes and control environment.
- Maintains the independence of the audit practice and its personnel.
- Utilizes data analytics in advisory engagements to improve quality and efficiencies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Professional designations or business designation such as CIA, CPA-Audit.
- Typically between 5+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A