As a Dev Ops engineer you are responsible for creating, maintaining, and monitoring the infrastructure which hosts a myriad of services across our B2B and B2C e-commerce platforms . You will be responsible for working with our e-commerce team on the underlying platform infrastructure that will supp ort innovative, robust and secure customer experiences . If this is something that you have experience in and would love to be part of an amazing team, we would love to talk with you.
- Contribute as a member of a scrum team responsible for building Test and Production environments using public cloud services (AWS) as well as developing automated procedures ( Terraform, Chef) to provision and configure the environments and applications .
- Improve how we monitor systems to ensure that all vital services are monitored and alerts are actionable .
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user, with a penchant for simple elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code to UI and systems architecture.
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks .
- Support and extend logging tools (ELK) . Support our version control system (Git).
- Share Knowledge with team members and document the work you do .
- Maintain and improve our current configuration management system .
- Make modifications to our production infrastructure to minimize downtime and handle anticipated load patterns and rapidly increasing demand.
- Strong hands-on experience with Chef and Terraform – configuration management tool s.
- Cloud engineering experience with building and scaling virtualized environments. Amazon AWS is highly desired .
- Experience with modern source control systems, especially managing multiple branches. Git preferred.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform (RHEL) , Amazon Linux/Amazon Linux 2 or derivative distributions of Linux .
- Excellent scripting skills in bash, ruby .
- Experience with Java applications running in High Availability configurations.
- Thorough understanding of the entire Web Technology Stack.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools like New Relic, OpsGenie , PagerDuty or DataDog .
- Experience with build and release processes creating CI/CD capabilities for microservices, configuration management and Java applications .
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with HTTP and RESTful services .
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies such as MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo DB .
- Networking skills using software firewalls and software routing daemons.
- Experience with rapid release software development practices (Agile/Scrum) .
- Experience with microservice platforms (Kubernetes) and containerization.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newton, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A