Website British Council
We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
- Personally provide advice, guidance and challenge to colleagues on, enquiries to ensure the business receives the support it requires on a range of compliance and contracting issues
- Contribute to the delivery of high quality procurement and contract management policies, protocols, systems and processes (aligned to wider corporate frameworks), to ensure that the organisation’s approach to product/programme development, contractual negotiations and business delivery are managed to maximise benefits and minimise risks to the organisation.
- Provide a responsive, professional and customer-focused contract management advisory services to a range of internal clients/stakeholders (from Cultural Engagement, the regions and other SBUs), to support the effective pursuit and ongoing management of commercial and other opportunities in accordance with best practice standards.
- Manages team members (where applicable) and work plans to deliver impact to ensure global standards are met. This includes compliance with the project management standards, contractual obligations and alignment to corporate policies
- Provides contract management technical input into projects and programmes in the UK and overseas
- Responsible for following the processes and procedures that are in place for storage and filing of contractual enquiries and documentation, in order to ensure an audit trail and compliance with contract retention policy.
- Leads on a number of contract enquiries, applying technical knowledge to change, transform and deliver outcomes.
- Works as part of a proposal team, advising on contract risks and reviewing pre- bid agreements and NDAs etc.
- Undertakes financial tasks including reconciling budgets, reporting and raising POs where appropriate
- Produces business performance reports and management information
- Competent across the range of IT systems and packages used by the business (SAP, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, database design and maintenance).
- Understanding of UK contract law and statutory requirements and how these are applied in a programme / project management context.
Qualification & Experience:
- Project Management Experience
- Experience of contracting, contract management and related legal areas in international contexts.
- Knowledge and understanding of the procurement principles
Company: British Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dundee, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A