The role holder will have an exciting opportunity to define and develop the roadmap of one of the cornerstone technologies supporting BTs next generation broadband product portfolio as part of the Indigo development team, BT’s ambitious insourcing of CPE firmware development. Accountable for the development of the next generation of service offered to BTs broadband customers on top of our Indigo Hub firmware platform, the role holder will work closely with the core Indigo development teams and BTs strategic 3rd party vendors to achieve the project mutual goals.
- Project team lead with responsibility for the development of one or more software project.
- Provides programme and delivery management direction and governance, including management of budgets and billing requirements as part of the TSO processes
- Define and drive vendor development timeline and ensure delivery continues in support of contractual plan
- Accountable for all aspects of vendor management, engagement, time, cost, quality.
- Provide leadership in functional/process areas to solve complex and diverse issues, for example, breaking away from current processes and practices, mind-sets, and structures to transform the business.
- Apply broad and in-depth business management knowledge to resolve multi-discipline and/or multi-functional problems
- Ability to work with the CPE resource and operations managers to ensure access to physical and human assets are agreed and clear milestones and objectives are understood.
- Leadership responsibility line management as required and matrix/project management of potentially large multi-disciplinary teams from across BT, and third parties.
- Scrum master qualification or experience
- Roadmap curation
- Must have strong leadership and organisational skills, ability to establish and maintain multi-disciplinary project teams and work within the ethos of a team environment pan-BT
- Must have strong technical project & business stakeholder management skills, strong track record in delivering CPE and/or Network-based products and solutions.
- Ability to plan and estimate the work required to deliver the portfolio.
- Proven track record of liaising with, and providing direction to, third party suppliers.
- Strong agile experience
- Experience of managing the supplier relationship between Technology and vendors at CEO level.
Qualification & Experience:
- Able to take the lead in all technical matters on behalf of BT with the supplier.
- CI/CD and TDD experience
- Experience of working with Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban; iterative planning and task estimation
- Collaborative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Exposure to, and understanding of drivers behind automated test strategies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A