This role is for chief designer, technical leader and planner in Services Domain. You will work with architecture through the annual plan projects and also define the technology direction for the domain. The role is accountable to ensure key progress and path to automation, CDD, TDD and other industry wide standards are followed within the domain.
You are responsible for the development and support of software applications. You are the lead technical expert within a Domain. You work collaboratively as a member of a team to show what good is by being an expert engineer. You will be expected to demonstrate best practice in refining requirements, design solutions, write code, tests and deploy applications. You are a role model for Software Engineering Professionals in the team with a responsibility to set a high bar for quality. As part of this responsibility you will provide regular technical and non-technical coaching. As a technical expert, you continuously evaluate areas of technology, process, standards and policy that can be improved. You are a knowledge champion and seek every opportunity to share your experience across the department. You will develop a good understanding of the needs of your customer and may be required to represent your team in meetings with stakeholders, contributing to their strategy and direction. As a technology enthusiast you keep up to date with the latest developments in the IT industry and apply industry best practice to drive continuous improvement and innovation within BT.
- Thorough understanding of applications servers including JBoss and Messaging
- Good operational experience and commercial awareness
- Able to work with little supervision and pick up new or unfamiliar technical concepts quickly
- Experience in working with multi-functional engineering teams
- First-hand experience of implementing many design patterns
- Excellent understanding of numerous application frameworks
- Experience in managing conflicting architectural and business ideas and demands to provide clarity to development teams.
- Expert knowledge of programming concepts including object-oriented programming, TDD\BDD, CMS, virtualization\containerization, API
- Gateways, ReST and Continuous Delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, communicating and influencing effectively
- Expert knowledge of Java and / or the LAMP stack
- Experience in working in Agile environments with experience in reviewing architectural models or produce detailed and unambiguous design artefacts
- In depth understanding of end to end software development lifecycles used on large scale agile projects
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A