Website Canada Post
The Officer Contract Interpretation provides, in accordance with the national policy of the Corporation, strategic advice to internal clients on issues of interpretation and application of the collective agreements in a labour intensive, mechanized, evolving and politically sensitive environment consisting of a large number of unionized employees.
- Assists in the development of strategic positions to assist in the implementation of national changes in operations and policies.
- Documents and monitors the portfolio, maintaining thorough records of activities.
- Assists in the determination, development and maintenance of interpretations of all collective agreements, national policies and directives within the assigned area of responsibility in a manner consistent with Corporate objectives and activities.
- Establishes, promotes and maintains effective working relationships with National Union Officials and union representatives.
- Advises the Manager of potential disruptive issues and/or activities which may arise in the labour force and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Provides input to Corporate National Policy Development labour relations negotiations and arbitrations, as required.
- Maintains professional Labour Relations contacts within and outside Canada Post (e.g. unions, labour associations, government departments, private businesses) in order to remain current on trends and developments.
- Provides specialist advice and guidance to Head Office, Area and Divisional management in the interpretation of all collective agreements, policies and procedures consistent with Corporate directives.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant functional experience.
- Management employees who reside outside the geographic area of competition are invited to apply provided that no relocation is required OR the employee is willing to pay for their own relocation
- Strong communication, analytical, and customer service skills.
- Ability to understand the intricacies of mail flow, and have analytical, interpretive and decision making abilities as they pertain to work function.
- One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of labour management principles.
- Completed post-secondary, preferably in a related field such as Labour Relations.
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A