Website Canada Post
Applicants who identify as Indigenous or a person with a disability shall be given priority in the candidate selection process. At Canada Post, we are excited to spotlight Indigenous communities within our hiring practices as we celebrate the important heritage of our great Nation.
- Receive, sort and sequence mail items
- Perform a variety of sales/customer service activities to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Maintain floor displays
- Maintain a high level of postal products, services and delivery knowledge
- Operate a computerized point of sale system
- Conduct Merchandizing and Inventory Control
- Process financial transactions (cash, cheques, debit & credit card payments)
- Be able to exercise physical effort in the handling of mail items weighing up to 22.7 kilograms (50 pounds)
- Sales experience is an asset
- Experience in customer service in a retail environment
- To support data collection: This is a special measure employment equity initiative and as a result it is important to self-identify to ensure that this asset is recognized.
- Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Disability is defined as a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability includes both visible and hidden conditions and/or limitations that may impact vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental/psychological, and memory.
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater Sudbury, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A