Website Canada Post
Facilitates Labour Relations activities within the assigned area and provides specialist advice and guidance to business partner’s plant/divisional management in the interpretation, application and administration of Collective Agreements, policies and procedures consistent with corporate directives. Maintains workable interrelationships between employee unions, associations at the regional level and appropriate representatives of management within the terms of the Collective Agreements and the Canada Labour Code. Undertakes grievance resolution after the 1st level with a major focus being the arbitration process. Promotes the development and maintenance of effective labour/management relationships conductive to operational, administrative and service efficiency. Advises the Manager of potential disruptive issues or activities which may arise in the labour force and makes recommendations to avoid or resolve same.
- Handles grievance procedures after the 1st level in a timely and effective manner to ensure speedy resolution of employee problems or concerns
- Maintains a network of internal and external contacts to regularly benchmark and remain current on future trends and developments related to labour relations programs, policies and strategies. Participates in HR associations and events, in order to remain current and promote the CPC brand.
- Consults with regional union / management representatives on matters relating to working conditions, disciplinary issues and problem resolution.
- Administration of the grievance management system (GMS). Ensures proper documentation is collected and recorded in the system
- Provides, in accordance with National policy, Labour Relations Services in a highly labour intensive, mechanized, fast changing and politically sensitive environment, consisting of a large number of employees represented by a variety of unions and bargaining agents
- Integrates and monitors the business processes for regional consultations, grievance management, arbitration, WCB appeals within the operating area. Links with Head Office ensuring the universal application of Head Office developed policy
- Provides specialist advice, guidance and support to the business partners in the interpretation, application, and administration of Collective Agreement(s) along with changes to collective agreement(s) or national policies. Advises on the handling of grievances, conciliation or arbitration cases, and is required to present or assist in arbitration cases
- One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset
- 1 to 3 years of relevant functional experience
- Knowledge of Labour Relations, Human Resources, Mail Operations, Collection and Delivery, Marketing and Retail Operations
- Knowledge of labour/management principles, the Canada Labour Code, the Canada Labour Relations Board process, Canada Post collective agreements, Canada Post Health and Safety programs, the Worker’s Compensation Process and the Canada Post Act. Also familiarity with provincial labour regulations, collective agreements and various labour organizations
- University degree in Industrial Relations OR University degree with commensurate experience in Labour/Industrial Relations. Alternatively, a completed post-secondary school education program (including courses related to Labour Relations) and commensurate experience (including equivalent knowledge and ability in Labour/Industrial Relations)
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A