Website Canada Post
The Manager Contracting provides procurement service expertise to ensure the Corporation acquires various goods and services in an optimal and ethical manner while also meeting corporate objectives. Accountable for adherence to the Source-to-Pay Process, corporate policies, procedures and all applicable legislation, Canadian Contract Law and all applicable International and Domestic Trade agreements. The Manager provides oversight and ensures compliance on procurements, recommends improvements to the procurement methodology based on industry best practices and ensures the ongoing provision of excellent customer service while maintaining a high degree of reputational integrity.
- Based on a thorough needs analysis (e.g. volume and budget) in collaboration with client groups and Finance Decision Support, develops detailed sourcing strategies and procurement plans. Prepares procurement documentation, including Executive Summaries/Sourcing Strategies for approval by Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Implements procurement strategies to facilitate large, one time acquisitions and / or recurring purchases involving the repetitive transaction of the same or similar goods or services, maintaining a system to trigger the renewal of contracts to ensure the continuous supply of goods or services.
- Supports client groups in developing and refining their requirements and leads the market and industry analysis to establish the context for procurements and to help shape the sourcing strategy.
- In collaboration with the client group and other functional specialists establishes procurement plans and evaluation criteria, and ensures evaluation criteria are within RFX evaluation procedures and best practices. Ensures evaluation and negotiation teams are established and manages/coordinates all required activities; leads the negotiation team or provides direction and oversight to subordinates that may be leading negotiation teams.
- Determines the optimal method of achieving user requirements and Corporate Objectives. Assesses and determines the appropriate sourcing and contract approach, ensuring that procurement activities are conducted in a manner consistent with Canada Post obligations under NAFTA, CETA, all applicable Domestic and International Trade Agreements, Contract Law and industry best practices.
- Plans, develops, prepares and manages the RFX documents and the procurement process and, acts as the sole contact with the supplier community during the entire RFX process and while technical/commercial/quality assurance evaluations are on-going.
- Provides guidance and interpretation to Sourcing Management and clients on related procurement systems (e.g. SAP, eBP), processes and policies such as the Decision Making Matrix (DMM).
- Manages the activities of procurement team, provides leadership, direction and oversight so as to meet the performance standards specified by Senior Management.
- Provides oversight and guidance to ensure that the contracting documents fully define all conditions (e.g. scope, legal, financial, risk management, quality assurance, intellectual property rights, etc.) and reflect the business arrangement under which the contracted goods and/or services are to be provided.
- Manages the execution of purchase agreements, including the administration of contract terms and conditions, and ensures the internal client has implemented procedures and systems required to support contract management activities and ensure supplier performance.
- Identifies issues/potential problems to prevent or overcome issues such as: unsatisfactory performance, cost overruns, delivery delays, etc. in conjunction with suppliers and other Canada Post functions.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs and other job relevant programs.
- Knowledge of procurement best practices, policies and procedures.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Individuals registered and working towards their CSCMP designation with a combination of experience and other relevant education may be considered.
- Excellent listener and strong client / supplier relationship management skills (Customer Service Oriented).
- Excellent people management skills.
- CSCMP designation will be considered an asset.
- Combined with a minimum of 5 years of procurement experience and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management or supervisory role, and/or leading a team on a high value, complex procurement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communicator: experience developing and delivering presentation and / or facilitating discussions with Senior Management.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in a Procurement department with the following: experience in the issuance and evaluation of RFX’s, ITT’s, extensive experience in Procurement strategies and planning, business case development, contracting experience involving complex agreements, supplier development, and extensive knowledge and understanding of the application of all applicable trade agreements and industry standards.
- Advanced decision making abilities and sound judgment.
- Adept at issue analysis and strategy development.
- University degree in a relevant discipline such as Commerce, Finance, Purchasing or Engineering with a satisfactory business component OR a college degree of 4 or more years in purchasing or Supply Chain Management.
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A