Website Canada Post
Take on the responsibility of a community leader with Canada Post. The Postmaster, reporting to the Superintendent/Local Area Manager, is responsible for promoting and selling postal products and services to the public and businesses in the community. As Postmaster, you will be the face of the Post Office in your community service area, supervising staff and ensuring that Canada Post demonstrates an energetic customer focus and commitment to the community in an environment of multiple priorities.
- Sell and promote postal products and services to the public and businesses
- Maintain records and prepare reports
- Be able to provide suitable premises in a central location within the community within 30 days should you be the successful candidate.
- Keep post office neat and presentable, and maintain cleanliness in accordance with Canada Post’s standards
- Liaise with the local community with respect to Canada Post service and products
- Assist with effective management of mail delivery routes
- Manage postal revenue, assets and values
- May supervise staff
- Operate the post office with due diligence and efficiency
- May sort mail to postal boxes
- Administer the post office to meet retail hours of operation and delivery expectations
- Premises must be fully accessible to persons with disabilities, and be available for review and approval at least one month before hire.
- High School Diploma, or provincial equivalency and/or experience in business administration
- Knowledge of regulations, methods and procedures for processing mail and providing postal services
- Physically fit to lift mail containers of up to 50 lb, push or pull boxes, and sorting mail and standing for extended periods of time
- Appointments are subject to the conditions of the Canada Post Act
- Experience interacting with the public in a retail and/or service environment, including sales and cash transactions
- The hours of service to the public will be determined by the Canada Post and are subject to change under varying circumstances.
- Owned or leased premises (suitable, central and barrier-free) available one month prior to the date of hire
- Postmasters are responsible for rent or lease charges, heating, lighting, cleaning, routine general maintenance, snow removal, municipal taxes, and the necessary property and liability insurance coverage.
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jellicoe, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A