Website Canada Post
The Manager Finance Decision Support provides guidance to business owners through financial analysis and insight, development of strategic targets, measurements and improvement alternatives, and sound financial controls and indicators. The Manager acts as a change agent partnering with business process owners and managers to understand financial results and improve on them year-over-year.
- Analyses monthly, quarterly, and year over year results and trends; produces and updates rolling forecast and ensures accuracy and integrity of data and information used resulting in the ability to anticipate and clarify future issues, risks and opportunities.
- Assesses risk and analyzes proposed alternatives for corrective actions to meet plan objectives and targets and escalates as necessary. Conducts proactive trend analyses with best practice reviews.
- Creates a positive work environment and culture within the department, provides clear objectives and performance expectations for staff, and ensures that staff are provided with the support necessary to deliver against the expectations of their roles.
- Understands key financial and operational drivers of performance and integrates these into financial model for analysis and forecasting in order to assess progress being made toward financial goals and objectives.
- Manages all aspects of customer accounts ensuring that the data is accurate and current. Ensures that customers have easy access to knowledgeable staff to resolve enquiries.
- Promotes consistent implementation and use of corporate financial policies, processes, guidelines and tools in order to maintain integrity, safeguard corporate assets, and mitigate risk.
- Conducts financial evaluation and assessment of new business and/or customer opportunities and applies standard costs impact analysis and modeling techniques to evaluate and project benefits and risks.
- Investigates and analyses processes and performance gaps in order to identify root cause insights of known gaps and reports (both verbal/written) on recommendations for performance improvement plans.
- Controls capital investments and program expenses through application of a rigorous Corporate Investment Process. Assesses business cases for alignment with key strategic thrusts, validates financial assumptions, and ensures quality and completeness of information. Initiates, leads and presents data and recommendations at regular performance reviews discussing monthly results with business process owners, managers, and members of multi-disciplinary teams.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Sound organizational, analytical, judgment and decision-making skills with proven abilities in problem solving.
- Relevant professional designation (CPA, (CA, CMA) or GGA)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant functional experience.
- Completed post-secondary education in a related field, commerce, finance, economics, accounting, business administration.
- Excellent team building and leadership skills experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- Solid interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs and other job relevant programs.
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A