Website Canada Post
In support of corporate Sampling programs, the Clerk, Sampling provides and collects information regarding volumes, rates, weights and/or similar characteristics related to all mail products and types; reviews and edits data for completeness and accuracy and provides data entry services; produces reports, either manually or by means of computerized systems from information and data related to mail product or type characteristics. This requires general knowledge of product locations and characteristics and requires shift work (days, evenings, nights, weekends).
- Provides assistance to other support groups in order to acquire information required.
- Ensures all required source data is collected from the designated plant areas, respecting operational priorities and safe working practices: records information on preformatted sampling forms; maintains a control log showing what items have been received and what items are missing; initiates necessary action to obtain missing data input.
- Reviews and edits data obtained for completeness and accuracy: examines and verifies all source documents to ensure that input criteria are met; edits and corrects source data via interaction with source data collectors (e.g. Plant supervisors) to resolve any discrepancies or errors.
- Gathers information required to answer numerous inquiries in the section: completes records and surveys; refers to files and records, refers to directives and manuals for information.
- Enters and collates data using manual and/or automated systems and verifies data entered from source documents; locates mail products, captures methods of payment and rates on required products, and records sample data on pre-formatted sample sheets; converts volumes recorded using conversion factors; compiles volume data to obtain information totals by required categories.
- Provides related clerical support, such as: maintaining a filing system for sampling forms and reports, photocopying forms required for different programs, preparing summaries of work completed, liaising with supervisor in regards to supplies needed, preparing daily, weekly and monthly reports, keeping manuals up-to-date for the section, typing and distributing reports and correspondence, answering telephone inquiries, opening mail and preparing routine correspondence as directed.
- General knowledge of product locations and characteristics
- Experience in a manufacturing or processing environment performing warehousing / stock control, production / assembly and materials handling an asset.
- Ability to handle bags and containers of mail weighing up to 22.7 kilograms (50 lbs.)
- Completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Able to do shift work (days, evenings, nights, weekends).
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A