Website Canada Post
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides front line HR services to a broad range of clients (primarily managers and their teams) and acts as an employee and business champion, and change agent. Provides strategic consultation and services for HR programs such as succession planning, talent and performance management, health and safety, employee engagement, conflict management, disability management and employee/labour relations. Leveraging a broad understanding of the business, partners with HR centres of expertise and local leadership teams to develop and deliver effective, integrated HR solutions and programs aligned with the business strategy.
- Provides guidance and support to the client groups regarding HR employment legislation and standards as well as the application of Corporate Policies and Programs including Disability Management, Labour Relations and Grievances up to 1st level.
- Consults with local union/management representatives on all matters relating to employees (e.g. working conditions, disciplinary issues, problem resolution) and advises the Manager of problems in these areas.
- Coaches team leaders on attendance, accommodation and disability processes (STD/LTD/WCB) including DM systems. Advises on existing programs such as EAP/wellness.
- Coaches and supports team leaders in the Performance Management process including calibrations; performance management plans; performance improvement plans; probationary reports and provides advice on development plans in order to foster performance improvement.
- Works closely with the local leadership team and other services in HR to ensure the right people with the right skills and the right behaviours are in place in order to successfully meet business goals.
- Identifies change management issues and works with the business leaders and HR centres of expertise to develop and execute change management strategies.
- Works closely with team leaders, local unions, and labour relations subject matter experts to identify early resolution opportunities in order to improve union relations and reduce overall grievances. Promotes the day-to-day application of Collective Agreements, National policies and directives in a manner consistent with Division activities and corporate objectives.
- Assist the client to prevent and resolve HR related issues at the earliest possible point and brokers the assistance of HR colleagues and/or functional process and policy owner(s) when needed.
- Assists the client group in understanding relevant HR metrics, (e.g. in areas such as attendance, safety incidents, employee relations, recruitment, workplace conflict, grievances, etc…) in order to assist them in identifying causal relationships and to develop local strategies to improve.
- Solid track record of building relationships at all levels and proving pro-active and responsive solutions to business needs
- Experience managing ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of strategies across multiple geographies in partnership with mid-senior level leaders
- Solid understanding and knowledge of employment legislation, HR trends, issues and best practices
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or other related field; OR commensurate experience and/or equivalent knowledge and abilities
- Human Resources designation would be considered an asset
- Bilingualism required for the following areas: Province of Quebec, Ottawa (ON), and Province of New Brunswick
- Demonstrated past experience supporting team leaders in conducting investigations to resolution
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience using data and analytics to provide recommendations to clients
- 2-4 years of experience in human resources as a generalist with experience in the following areas: Health & Safety, Labour Relations, Human Rights, Disability Management, Employee Relations
- Experience working in a unionized environment is a definite asset
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A