Website Canada Post
The Officer is accountable for the implementation and evaluation of customer programs and communications. Provides input on program/project development. Completes research and integration with appropriate CPC functions and develops, documents and distributes operations and process procedures. Participates in special projects, as required, (i.e. Product Simplification); works with reports requiring executive approval and responsible to take this information and communicate policy and strategy to CPC customers.
- Sets criteria to measure and evaluate project objectives including revenue and performance targets. Participates in program/project development; develops and implements controls and reports on budget and project deliverables.
- Represents CMP and CPC in meetings with customers to clarify customer needs and/or resolve particular program problems.
- Ensures effective integration and co-ordination of programs affecting the Commercial Sales Force by liaising with the Sales Force and Marketing and Product Management.
- Develops and co-ordinates production of related manuals, pamphlets, instructions, guides, how-to’s etc.; provides input into required training programs.
- Is accountable for the implementation and evaluation of programs targeting CPC customers including rate increases, new product development, product enhancements and take to market strategies. Ensures that short and long term objectives are incorporated into the implementation strategy.
- Acts as a resource expert to field and provides guidance to all levels of Field Sales and Service personnel on Program policies/requirements/procedures, standards, etc.
- Researches and analyses advances in related technology and competitive offerings on ongoing basis. Makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Identifies, quantifies, decides and provides program or specification changes necessary to improve the system operations/interfaces. Implements plans for new programs or changes to ensure a professional, complete and cost effective implementation. This includes planning and ensuring internal functions and/or contracted expertise meet committed tight deadlines.
- Completed post-secondary, preferably in a related field OR a combination of equivalent professional experience and training
- 1 to 3 years of relevant functional experience
- One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset
- Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs
- Enrollment in specific designation and or certifications programs may be required for certain positions (e.g. Finance & Engineering).
- Strong communication, analytical, and customer service skills
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A