Website Canadian Food Inspection Agency
As a separate employer, the CFIA will implement a policy that will be consistent with the COVID-19 vaccination requirements in the Core Public Administration. Applicants to this staffing process should be aware that in the near future all employees of the CFIA will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless accommodated under specific grounds. As such, all persons to be appointed to the CFIA will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting their employment, unless an applicant is unable to be vaccinated and a request for accommodation has been made, assessed and granted.
- Working in slaughter establishments performing ante-mortem and post-mortem inspection of animals; export inspections of animals;
- Providing consultation services to inspection staff, stakeholders and other government organizations;
- Training of inspection personnel and new veterinarians;
- Compiling and maintaining reports for management;
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and ensuring humane transport of animals in accordance with international standards and regulations.
- Willing and available to work shifts
- To have and maintain a valid driver`s license
- Medical suitability: Pass a Pre-placement Health Evaluation and Periodic Health Evaluation.
- Adherence to the CFIA Conflict of Interest and Post-Employment Policy.
- Willing and able to work in environmentally challenging or physically demanding conditions
- To use in the prescribed circumstances and manner all prescribed safety materials, equipment, devices and clothing.
- Adherence to the CFIA Code of Conduct.
- Legal status to accept employment for the entire period of employment.
- Willing and available to work irregular hours (e.g., days, nights, weekends, statutory holidays)
- Willing and able to carry and wear 20 kg of protective equipment while performing duties.
- Willing and available to work overtime, as required
- Willing to work in various locations, including third-party premises
- Compliance with the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
Company: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Macleod, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A