Website Canadian Food Inspection Agency
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request special accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Laboratory Support Technician positions in the Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island Laboratory provide analysis of specimens following standardized protocols and established methodologies in a quality controlled laboratory environment and requires language competencies in English.
- Laboratory Support Technicians receive and prepare a wide range of samples submitted for analysis and perform established analytical procedures.
- Short term contracts offer some excellent benefits, an emphasis on learning and development, and a high level of employee satisfaction.
- The intent is to have an inventory of candidates to draw from when vacancies arise for current and future needs at the Charlottetown (CL) Laboratory.
- Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis as long as the poster is active.
- Employees must be present in the laboratory; remote work is not a possibility.
- As we anticipate a large number of applications, we may be applying volume management strategies throughout the selection process such as, but not limited to, top-down approach, cut-off scores and/or random selection.
- Willing and available to work irregular hours (e.g., days, nights, weekends, statutory holidays)
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Compliance with the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
- Adherence to the CFIA Conflict of Interest and Post- Employment Policy.
- Legal status to accept employment for the entire period of employment.
- Adherence to the CFIA Code of Conduct.
- Knowledge of quality assurance procedures including ISO/IEC 17025.
- Knowledge of using spreadsheets and database computer software programs such as Microsoft Suite Office (MS Word, Excel, Teams).
- Knowledge of general laboratory techniques and safety procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory.
- Experience in using common laboratory equipment e.g. microscope, balance, centrifuge.
- Experience working in biocontainment facilities for different purposes.
- Experience in handling and processing samples following standardized protocols preferably in a laboratory environment.
Company: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, CA
Application Deadline: N/A