Website Canadian Food Inspection Agency
In your application, please identify the legal status which entitles you to work in Canada – Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit. You will be asked to show proof of this status in order to complete the security screening required for employment. Failure to provide this information will eliminate your application from further consideration.
- Conduct audits and evaluations of food processing facilities and systems against regulatory standards and HACCP systems, identify non-compliant areas and negotiate corrective measures.
- Provide information and clarification on Canadian and foreign regulatory requirements to clients, other government departments and the public.
- Collect and prepare samples of finished product or surface for laboratory analysis to test for the presence of residues or pathogens.
- May be required to take on the role of supervisor.
- Monitor or audit food processing activities.
- Inspect imported meat products to ensure they meet Canadian standards; inspect and certify products for export to ensure they meet the requirements of importing countries.
- Inspect and monitor regulated party facilities to ensure that hygiene and food safety measures are followed.
- Investigate complaints related to illness, environmental hazards, emergencies, food safety issues and commercial fraud.
- Adherence to the CFIA Conflict of Interest and Post-Employment Policy.
- Compliance with the Values and Ethics Code for the Public Sector.
- Willing to work in various locations, including third-party premises.
- Willing and able to work in environmentally challenging or physically demanding conditions.
- Medical suitability: Pass a Pre-placement Health Evaluation and Periodic Health Evaluation.
- Willing and available to travel.
- Willing and available to work overtime.
- Willing and available to work shifts.
- Willing and available to work irregular hours (e.g., nights, weekends, statutory holidays).
- Adherence to the CFIA Code of Conduct.
- Legal status to accept employment for the entire period of employment.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- To use in the prescribed circumstances and manner all prescribed safety materials, equipment, devices and clothing.
- Willing and able to carry and wear 20 kg of protective equipment while performing duties.
- Assume responsibility for making transportation arrangements to get to diverse and distant work sites in a timely and efficient manner.
Company: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Carleton, Québec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A