Website Canadian Tire
To support the Environmental Services Department of Canadian Tire Real Estate Limited by ensuring compliance with Provincial Asbestos Management Regulations for Canadian Tire’s real estate portfolio and SBU’s and ensure compliance for obligations relating to corporately owned waste oil storage tanks and other environmental projects as required.
- Assist in the management of the Corporation’s Asbestos Management Program including compilation of property statistics, communication and training at Corporate and retail levels and continued management and administration all in accordance with Corporate Policy and Provincial regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with the Corporation’s Design and Construction, Acquisition, Disposition, Petroleum, Mark’s, PartSource, and Facilities teams to enable them to better fulfill their mandates as it relates to compliance of the asbestos management program and waste oil storage tanks. Work collaboratively to identify gaps and develop best management practice solutions.
- Manage external vendors completing environmental related work at properties across Canada. This includes managing project specific budgets and coordinating site access and approval of purchase orders/invoices for projects relating to the role. Projects may include regular asbestos inspections/surveys, asbestos repair/abatement projects, site visits and other environmental compliance projects.
- Coordinate regular asbestos inspections of the properties in the Corporation’s real estate portfolio and maintain inventory of known asbestos information including new hazardous material or asbestos survey reports. Update asbestos containing material information in existing database.
- Manage waste oil storage tank compliance in accordance with Provincial regulatory requirements, including identification and rectifying all non-compliant storage tanks, coordinating permit and registration applications and implementation of processes to maintain on-going compliance (i.e., annual registrations).
- Maintain knowledge of Provincial regulations for asbestos management and waste oil storage tank compliance and communicate any changes anticipated to impact business operations or compliance to your manager.
- Ability to work within tight timelines and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory legislation across Canada
- Knowledge of real estate, design, construction and environmental processes
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Environmental Science/Studies, Environmental management, engineering or related field. Candidates with work experience in asbestos management and environmental management/compliance preferred.
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
- The ability to carefully manage a budget to achieve maximum results.
- Ability to negotiate contractual terms and conditions.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Adobe, and DocuSign.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Comfortable dealing with consultants and contractors.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, USA
Application Deadline: N/A