Website Canadian Tire
As one of Canada’s leading apparel retailers, L’Équipeur stands out for its commitment to comfort, quality and style. L’Équipeur is a leader in product development, innovation and quality through its assortment of industrial apparel, footwear and accessories, with strong private and exclusive brands. As a valued part of the Canadian Tire family of companies, our employees across L’Équipeur are leading our brand’s evolution to be Canada’s number one destination for men’s industrial and casual apparel and footwear.
As the “second in charge,” the Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of the store when the Store General Manager is absent along with performing additional duties in their respective department. The incumbent is an ambassador and drives continual growth of business and development of people, leveraging best practices and leads through stewardship of our culture and brand.
- Develop and lead recruiting and hiring strategy for store, maintain a complete team
- Create and / or monitor the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for both sales and support functions
- Continually motivate team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
- Create development plans and conduct annual appraisals for management team; to improve any performance gaps
- Coach and develop store and management team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Demonstrate and follow up on execution of L’Équipeur visual compliance standards, store maintenance and pricing standards
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information
- Provide mentorship to teams and influence continuous growth, exemplifying L’Équipeur leadership brand
- Complete and hold team accountable to complete required training within timeframes
- Responsibility to deliver annual corporate shrink targets through team education, enforcement of LP and audit standards and rigid inventory control
- Post-secondary education in Retail Management or Business Administration an asset
- Demonstrated computer skills an asset
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a retail environment with 12- 24 months in a leadership role
- Superior training and mentoring skills developed through previous leadership or supervisory roles
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Laval, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A