Website Canadian Tire
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC”) is one of Canada’s most admired and trusted companies. With world-class Owned Brands and exciting market-leading merchandising strategies, we are continually innovating with purpose: to be there for Canadians from coast-to-coast. We are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire and its group of companies.
- Building & strengthening student social engagement throughout their education and pursuit of their career through ongoing communication and relationship building.
- Work in an environment that supports, and fosters knowledge sharing and provides key experiences to increase capabilities through projects or objectives.
- Investment in the community to create a talented diverse workforce for Canada and Canadian Tire’s future.
- Continue to support Canadian Tire’s culture of learning from others, continuous improvement, agility, growth and innovation.
- There will be specific and measurable objectives/goals that will support learning & achieving relevant business deliverables.
- Internal Control Testing (30%):- Assist with operating effectiveness testing of internal controls
- Communicate with Finance teams to update key control characteristics and mapping within Workiva
- Track and monitor internal control deficiency remediation activities
- Prepare quarterly Certification Steering Committee, Disclosure Committee, Audit Committee, and Board reports
- Quarterly CEO/CFO Internal Control Certification (50%):- Work with Management to maintain internal control documentation (e.g. process narratives, flowcharts, and risk and control matrices) that accurately describes business functions and highlights appropriate business controls based on financial assertions
- Assist with tracking and reporting on the status of internal controls testing
- Administer the Certification tool (Workiva) that facilitates the quarterly Management control self-assessment and disclosure questionnaire processes supporting NI 52-109 compliance
- Working towards a degree in Accounting (at least 3rd-year level or graduate-studies candidate)
- Understanding of accounting/finance processes, and internal controls
- Working towards a professional audit/compliance certification (CIA, CISA or CCSA) is an asset
- Working towards a professional Accounting designation (CPA) is an asset
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Knowledge of NI 52-109, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX S404/S302) and/or COSO 2013 is an asset
- Previous experience in audit/compliance or finance/accounting is an asset
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A