Website Canadian Tire
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (“CTC”) is one of Canada’s most admired and trusted companies. With world-class Owned Brands and exciting market-leading merchandising strategies, we are continually innovating with purpose: to be there for Canadians from coast-to-coast. We are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire and its group of companies.
- Ultimate responsibility for category performance, making decisions affecting assortments, sales, gross margin and inventory turns.
- Provide content for category product knowledge on Coverall Portal.
- Provide guidance to Product Coordinator in maintaining style file (pricing, costs, product attributes, etc.).
- Work with planner and analysts to plan product flow and replenishment to insure stores have the desired product, in the desired quantities, on time.
- Build marketing plan for merchandise to be advertised based on seasonal marketing allocation. Recommend and coordinate final assortments, promotional pricing if applicable and assist in consolidating final marketing master list.
- Responsible for in-season management of trending receipts, inventory, sales, markdowns and margin.
- Work with Merchandising on point of purchase signage development.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of merchandise vendor relationships.
- Conduct post season analysis identifying strong and poor sellers, and generate ideas for a go-forward strategy by identifying new opportunities.
- Build assortment framework and coordinate preliminary assortment for all-season (basic), seasonal, and specialized end-use specific product.
- Develop new retail business opportunities within the category.
- Proactively gather insightful competitive intelligence through participation in consumer focus groups, market shops, competitor shops (in person and on web), market share data analysis, attending applicable tradeshows, and staying abreast of new fabric and other technological developments, etc.
- Guide team members from analysis through to recommendations for building annual and semi-annual merchandise assortment and sales plans, determining pricing, style and purchase quantities.
- Accountable for delivery of category annual sales, gross margin and inventory plans.
- Lead, coach and mentor other members of the category pod.
- 4+ years of sourcing, procurement and retail experience.
- University or college degree in a related discipline or a high school diploma combined with equivalent work experience.
- A broad understanding of Mark’s and particularly the industrial businesses would be a benefit but not a requirement.
- Strong PC skills including email, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A